Friday, September 25, 2009

Quizno's

Positives:

My visit during the lunch rush was surprisingly pleasant and quick. When the lineup is nearly out the door, one never really expects for their sandwich order to be taken and completed under 10 minutes. Yes, ten minutes, folks.

Plus, one of the owners jumped back from the cash register to the genesis of the sandwich line and was creating tasty, oven baked goodness quicker than the wrap up committee could handle. Now that's great service and efficiency in the restaurant industry. Nothing bugs me more than to observe managers who care less about their staff and even less about their customer.

Food: Flavorful sandwich sauces, fresh, fresh veggies, savory meat choices. Actually, I've very few poor comments regarding Quiznos quality and presentation of food. Try out a Sammie or anything with beef. YUM!

The serve-yourself-bins are usually well stocked and eye pleasing. Recently added are the posted nutritional facts.

Very clean. Even during the winter months the staff exhurts effort to ensure a clean walking space.

Recently had a few menu changes that are easier on the wallet. Granted, you'll be receiving less product, but for marketing purposes it looks better, right? You'll find select combinations for $5 in the large size. I'm personally not a fan of the pizza or the torpedo which would lead me to avoid the new Bullet (a smaller version of the 12" torpedo.) I believe a sandwich should be soft with ample delicious toppings. Not crispy like a baguette.

Love the seating. I can sit with three other friends at a cozy table along the wall. I can sit outside with a fresh wood fence providing a little privacy. I can sit at a sandwich bar and people watch as they watch me inhale the deliciousness of Quiznos.

A few suggestions to improve:

Wish the restaurant were a little wider. Having to watch my head as hungry line-standers twirl purses and man bags takes away from my eating experience.

That darn pickle bar. It is SO frustrating to pick up the tongs let alone snag anything with that protective glass nearly touching the counter top.

Perhaps fixing that floor eyesore as the customer walks into the place. It's been there for almost two years and counting.....

Prices are a little on the high side. Dinner for two+ is around the twenty dollar mark. Oh yeah, if I'm paying close to $10 for a killer sandwich, it better look exactly like the pictures. I don't care what the scale says. Can anyone say false advertising?

For a franchise and overall sandwich taste: GRADE: A-

Psstt....This location can also boast second in sales in Canada. Yowsah!

QUIZNO'S
9115 96A St
250.787.1186

No comments: