Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Boston Pizza

Walking into the FSJ Boston Pizza is like gaining entrance to the grown-up, full service version of Chuck E Cheese. There is something in every direction to capture your attention. Plus, it's usually loud and dimly lit.I wonder if they've got a ticket & prize redemption booth somewhere in there......

Anyway. Boston's, (mind if I shorten your name?) has a fun atmosphere. The food mostly is average (as in you could prolly-almost-maybe make it like that at home,) 'cept for those pizzas. Yum-O. I've yet to order a pie that I don't enjoy. Just dawned on me that this restaurant better be good at pizza-making. Tee hee.

See here. My complaint is the service.



IT.



TAKES.



F O R E V E R .



Takes forever for someone to stop by and let you know that you'll actually receive service. Takes forever to receive the drinks you ordered 10 minutes ago and parch your thirst. Takes forever to see the server again to actually place your order. Takes forever to get said food. Takes forever.......

Get my point?

I should be pretty good at flagging down servers with all the practice I get at this joint. Is is too much to ask for Ms.-I-already-put-the-gratuity-on-your-bill-so-I-can-slack-off to refill me ONE time? Sometimes I really just want to get up and get my own refill 'cause the machine is staring me in the face and who knows where my server is and all I want is my icey, fresh, bubbly Diet Coke with a fresh lime.

I actually did that one time. But it was in Edmonton. I wager to bet that if I walked back into the kitchen with my business attire on and starting commanding people around they'd listen because it could quite possibly be the first time they would be told to pay attention to the customer. That what the customer thinks actually matters.

Back to FSJ.

Dear BP servers. stop. Pay attention to your clientele. stop. I don't care about your problems or what type of eyes the cook is making for you. stop. Give me proper service or forget that tip and perhaps forget me coming back. stop.

If you don't mind waiting entirely too long for everything and paying too much for mediocrity, then BP is right up your alley.

GRADE: B-

P.S. Delivery service also takes forever.

BOSTON PIZZA
9824 100 St
250.787.0455

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I agree that the service is a little suspect at times (looking at you Megan) but its the only place in town that i go to consistantly because at least i know what im getting. Plus if your lucky enough to get Caylie you get the best waiteress in town.