Monday, January 4, 2010

Wok Box, Grande Prairie


This place is fun.

Lots of red in their tasteful decor, variable seating options, open kitchen, menu diversity. I really can't say enough good things about Wok Box. And they even have the classic, fun "Chinese" takeout boxes, complete with chopsticks. Like I said, fun.

What's extra great about Wok Box's food is the fresh factor. You can actually watch the fresh vegetables being tossed around in the giant wok.

Some of my personal faves:
Mongolian Beef and Broccoli with the skinny noodle (its on the spicy side)
Butter Chicken--very creamy, but skimpy on the chicken.

Make sure to grab some fresh lime wedges to bathe your noodley goodness in. You'll thank me.

I usually grab some takeout on my way back from Grande Prairie. Forget Subway. Actually, they were forgotten years ago in my book. But anyway. Head over to Wok Box next time you're in GP and think of me, your FSJ Food Critic.


GRADE: A- This place can be on the pricey side. Quite honestly, for a few dollars less per box, I would be a very happy Wox Boxer.

Sticker Price: without extras--around $24 for you and a date.

Wok Box
104-10915 104A Avenue
Grande Prairie, AB
780.532.9269

No comments: